Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moab Half Happy!

Ok so the half marathon is this weekend and I know that all of you would be expecting pictures and times and blah blah but there will be no news to tell except sad news. I will be ok but I am just a little sad right now I have been training since December and have had pain in my right knee when I ran but not bad enough that I had to stop running for longer than a few minutes then I could push through a few more miles and walk five minutes again....so long story short I was running on Monday and something happened and couldn't even walk it out it hurt so bad. So we scheduled me to have an MRI and Tuesday and Wednesday and today my knee has felt fine but we still did the MRI and I just got the results... I have a stress fracture and "severe edema" (tissue swelling) inside the knee. I can't run for four months and have to start a physical therapy program next week but the good news is I haven't damaged it enough to never run again so my plan is to run this same half marathon next March. Hope everyone is doing better than I am, I am sure the hardest day will be the day of the race then I will get over it, but for now I will wallow in my own self pitty!

11 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

That super sucks. I hope it heals up okay. Good thing you got the MRI.

Cori Henderson said...

Oh! I'm so sorry! You poor thing! It has been one thing after another. We should go do something fun that day to take your mind off of it.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

ah, daaaannngggggggg! that seriously stinks!!!!!!!!! i'm so sorry kalli :(. but like you said, i'm so glad it isn't worse than it could be, and that you caught it in time. you're still a winner in my books! love ya!

Katie said...

Hey.... how come you didn't tell me that when I talked to you? Lame.... I'm wallowing in my own self pity too right now, it's okay..... I just have come to realize that everything sucks right now! HAHAHA Maybe our summers will be better huh?!?!?! Hey, I'll do water aerobics with you since you can't run! haha

Shari and Trent said...

That sucks after you have been training all this time!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

That seriously sucks about the knee. I know I quit running because it hurt my knees, and now they are messed up...bad. I prefer to walk now:) How was your weekend anyway?!? Going private was easy, just read Kerris comments after yours. She wrote how to do it and it was SUPER easy.

Unknown said...

Kalli!!! That is soooo crappy!!!! I think a trip to St. George could brighten your day (I know it would mine if you came down) :) Get better soon.

Cori Henderson said...

Project 52 is just where you take pictures of your kids each week (with or without you in them) and posting them on your blog. Its a good way to get pictures on your blog.

Linley and Austin said...

Hey, how are you feeling? I am so sorry you weren't able to run in that race. I know how much you were looking forward to it. I hope you are feeling better. We should all get together again sometime...maybe when I'm feeling a little bit better. Anyway, miss ya girlfriend!

Tiffany said...

I know this was forever ago, but it still sucks. You worked so hard for it. You kicked my butt that last week. You are so awesome and it's so unfair that you didn't get to show off all your hard work.

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

so kai is getting so big. he looks like a little boy not a baby! he is a handsome one though!