Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How could I not counter this one..




So alot of you who look at my blog look at my sister Brooke's blog as well and for those of you who don't... you should :). So I log in today and as always check Brooke's blog first and to my surprise there are four sweet picture's of my son and a small "miss you" paragraph above them (that made me cry thanks Brooke). I guess all you parents out there will know what I am talking about when I say that, I as a mom, love it when someone else seems to love and adore my child as much as I do. My sister Brooke does this she has LOVED Kai since the day she met him and would have taken him with her to NY if I would have let her. I have never told her this but I always admired how she could love Kai so much and still love her son just as much times ten... I think it takes a special kind of person. You said so many nice things about Kai and I wish I could say those traits are because of me but they aren't. JR gets to take full credit for those but they are all true and I love that about him too. I remember the day of their blessings when we were taking pictures of them in the vibe chair and Kai just held Eli like he was protecting him and then all the picture's later of them where Kai just kinda looks like the "protector"...oh our little chancho. So thanks for the sweet "ode to Kai" I feel like an inadequate sister and auntie because I didn't think of it first. You know I love Eli and want to steal him and eat candy all day and snuggle (oh what a snuggle would feel like right now)....SO COME HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS PLEEAASE we will help pay! P.S. Tell Brady I will be thinking of good "ode" to him for later so to keep posted :)


7 comments:

Katie said...

You guys are such cute sisters... you make me get all teary eyed! It SUCKS when your nieces and nephews live far away and you never get to see them... I know the feeling, but its much worse for you cause your kids are the same age! Hopefully it won't be too long before you guys live by each other again!!!! I think both your boys are so dang adorable!

Tami said...

How could you not love both of those sweet babies they are both adorable!! I know its hard being away from those sweet babies you love so much. I wish I could tell you it gets easier. I guess you just appreciate being together a lot more when you do get time together.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Those pictures are so cute Kalli, and that first one just about killed me. The boys are SO small in them!!! And Kai's hair!!!HAHAHA. I love it. I can't wait to see them a little bit older when they can run and play and talk together, they are going to be best buds, I just know it. I love ya girl, and I miss Brooke too. We can't help much with the flight, but I might be able to slip a $20 under the table or something:)

Leesa said...

Well now that my mascara is messed up from crying... that was a great post. I read Brookes as well and you guys are both amazing! Thanks for sharing that with us. I wish i had the closeness you share with your sister with mine... maybe that'll be my new years resolution :).
Love, Leesa

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

They are both such cute babies. I think they look like a little Kalli and Brooke. They are so darling.
That was such a cute post from both of you guys.
I love sisters!!
Love you.. Come and see me.

Mom at Our House said...

You guys are so cute.

Cori Henderson said...

Your two babies are so adorable. I didn't know Brooke was in NY. I should have known cause I always used to run into her all over the place. You guys are so cute. Those pictures are so adorable. Kiss Kai for me.