Monday, December 29, 2008

Just some holiday bragging


This Christmas was wonderful Kai is at a really fun age he wasn't into un-wrapping presents but he loved all the cool new things around and just ran around the room looking at everything. JR and I made out good this year too. We started off the season saying we wouldn't spend much money and then ended up spending more than we said we would. We were able to as a whole family my mom and all do a really nice secret santa for a family we love so much. My dads wife made Kai the coolest "busy book" that I will post pictures of because you just have to see it. My mom gave him this busy train toy that he can push around and it reads letters to him. He loves reading books right now and is busy, busy running around exploring. It is so fun to watch him experience new things that I just take for advantage, I fed him pineapple last night, and you could see it in his eyes when he took the first bite that he thought that was pretty special stuff and he kept wanting more. It is just so fun right now with him but then sometimes he has a "terrible two" moment that scares me of what is to come I just pray he stays sweet cause I don't know if I am the best parent and I am scared to teach in the wrong way. Which leads me to a thought I just had does anyone think it is too young to start teaching him potty training? I have heard boys are harder to teach and I am wondering if I start now that it will be more easy? Well hope all of you had a good Christmas and here is a picture of our matchy matchy pajama's from Christmas eve (missed you Brooke and Brady).

13 comments:

Emily Taylor said...

Ok, you win the cutest Christmas pajamas contest. So cute!! Also, you are looking so good Kalli. I am going to try running after my pregnancy. You have officially inspired me.

Cori Henderson said...

Cute p.j.'s!! It was fun seeing you today. We need to get together more often. I don't know if its too early to start potty training, all I know is that Sierra is about three now and she's still not potty trained. Great! I am going to make that my new years resolution. Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. When do you want to get together again?!?

Kara's Party Ideas said...

how fun! it sounds like your guys' christmas was great! we'll have to get together soon..

Jobi Niu said...

I'm all about the matchy matchy jammies! SO cute! I'm glad you guys had a good Chirstmas. I just love your family.

I need to potty train Jett! I don't really know when we're supposed to start or how to start, he did get a "potty" for Christmas.. so.. wish me luck!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

glad you had a merry christmas! you guys look cute. what i learned with my potty training experiences is that you can't force them. they have to be ready or you set yourself up for failure and you are both so frustrated.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Merry Christmas. I love the jammies.
We need to get together.
Tell your family hi and that I love them.

Scott and Deborah said...

cute PJ's but I think ours are cuter. jk, if you want to potty train Kai have him start watching JR in the bathroom, have JR explain he is going pee and poop and let Kai watch and tell him big boys go in the potty, by Kai's reaction you will know if he is ready. he should be ready between 2 and 3 let me know if you have any more potty questions lol, by the way Scott is the one who writes and updates our blog I have never put anything on it, but he appreciates you coments. love ya hope to see you soon love deborah

Linley and Austin said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas! I love the PJ's. I'm going to start the tradition where our kids get new ones every year. I think its such a great idea :) No, we weren't at Howard and Wendy's house, we were at the Johnsons :) They remodeled their downstairs over the summer. It looks great huh! Anyway, hope you have a great weekend!

Mom at Our House said...

You guys all looks so cute in your PJ's

I sorta kinds started potty training my boy at 18 months. But full on potty trained him at 2 yrs. I will email the process I used.

Brad and Jana said...

Oh goodness, I think it is more like terrible 3's! Justice was an angel at 2! I started potty training Justice earlier, but it still took me until he was 2 1/2 before he was completely trained, so who knows!

Ben said...

Hey it was so random running into you at the movies the other day, but it was good to see you, and how random is this that I came across your blog? I have one too, but I have to invite you...if you want email me your email address to chereseypoo@hotmail.com and i will invite you! PS your little boy is super cute!

Carly Johnston said...

You guys are so cute! WE used to do Christmas eve pj's and now my Mom gave up.. Oh well. Maybe I will do it with my kids someday! Hey thanks for putting my website on your blog! You are a really good friend. Lunch soon???

Leslie said...

You look SOOOO Great!! What is your secret? I think i need some motivation! I'm falling off the wagon!! Looks like you had a good Christmas!!