Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis The Season


Christmas is right around the corner and this year more than ever I have the desire to give...I know that sounds selfish since I am 26 years old (it isn't like I have never wanted to give before I just always had a list of things I wanted to recieve as well). But, considering all the service my family has recieved this year from others and the blessings we have been given from all the service I guess it just wouldn't feel right to not do something for someone else. I want to be more like Christ and this is what our Savior did his whole life, he served. In our ward letter this month there was a poem from President Monson....


There's Christmas in the home and church,
There's Christmas in the mart;
But you'll not know what Christmas is
Unless it's in your heart.


The bells may call across the snow,
And carols search the air;
But, oh, the heart will miss the thrill
Unless it's Christmas there.


Merry Christmas and thanks to all of you who have served me, JR and Kai so much this year I really don't think you know how much you mean to me it is because of some peoples selfless prayers, and service, and endless hours of teaching that we will be an eternal family soon...love you all.


16 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

you're awesome kalli. thanks for writing that. you have always been so thoughtful of others, even if you don't admit to it! what a cool year you have had...i'm sure it's had it's ups and downs, but i still get so happy when i think of jr getting baptized. that's just so rad (and yes, i still use the word 'rad')! i hope your holidays are going great.

so i got so excited when i saw your blog on the top of my 'updated blog' list! :) hehe!

we still need to have you guys over for a fish fry!

Levi said...

oh i am crying. i have really struggled to get into christmas this year. i am so glad you wrote that.

kalli, you of all people are serving everyone all the time! i just really appreciate you supporting my fam so much and always being there. your the best!!!!

Linley and Austin said...

Kalli you are so awesome. I want to thank you for being such a good friend. Thanks for all the kindness you have shown to our family. You are the best! Hey, lets for sure hang out next week :) I miss you guys!

Cori Henderson said...

I love ya Kalli! You are so cute! That post made my day. You are always so giving, and I appreciate what you did for us this summer, teaching swimming lessons. Anyway, I hope you guys have a great Christmas season. We need to get together, I'm not just saying that. We're having another boutique tomorrow and friday, then I will be free to do whatever. Come if you can, its just at my parents house. I would love to see ya!

Katie said...

Well you deserve stuff even if you don't feel like it!!!! You are such a great friend and such a great example to so many people around you!!!! I miss your face... have a fabulous Christmas!!!!!! LOVE YA!

Brad and Jana said...

You always write such good posts. They seem to bring a tear to my eye and fill me with the spirit. Thanks. Did you choose out some cute boots at Famous the other day?

Tami said...

Hey girl thanks for all your comments on our blog. I would love to do a girls trip. You guys are welcome to come out or we could even go somewhere else. THat would be a blast! We are coming for Christmas I want to see you I miss you and want to see Kai!

Tami said...

are you guys at your moms house? I just need to send christmas cards. let me know!

Mom at Our House said...

That was great, I understand how you feel about the giving instead of receiving as you get older.
I love the poem by President Monson.

My Barratt Family said...

I love you!

Shari and Trent said...

I know what you mean. It's so hard to keep up on everyone's blogs. Ya, he got baptized a few months ago. It was very exciting!

coconutmama said...

Thanks Kalli for your sweet post! And yeah I forgot we were gonna get together but you did too...so its all good. Let me know when you got some free time.

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Hey Kali, thanks for your sweet comment and thanks for sharing. Happy to hear that JR is considering getting baptized. You're family is so cute and wish nothing more than an eternal family for you. He seems like an amazing person in the manner that you speak of him. And your sweet baby is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Kalli came across your blog and wanted to say hi. I hope that you are having a wonderful holiday season. Looks like life has been getting better since I last ran into you. Hope to keep in touch!!!
Love ya~ Elizabeth

Kalli said...

Hey Elizabeth I was excited to see that you commented on my blog you should add me to yours my email is jrnkalli82@hotmail.com :)

Jobi Niu said...

Um.. wow! I LOVED this post.. I got all choked up! I can NOT wait for you guys to get sealed. I LOVE sealings, they always remind me of my own. I loved the poem from Pres Monson too! Love ya girl..