Wednesday, April 23, 2008

RECIPES

So I saw this same idea on another friends blog (thanks Liz) and thought it would be fun to see what kind of response I get. I love to cook but just like so many people I find that I make the same thing over and over cause it is easy. So any of you that have any good recipes, that are easy but not common I would love to get them and try them. I decided as well since I am the one begging for "non common" recipes that I could share one myself hope you all enjoy!

Chicken Rotell:

4 chicken breasts
1 can rotell tomatos (mild)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1-2 cups shredded cheese
Doritos

Cook chicken and shred it. Mix rotell tomatos and cream chicken soup together in bowl then add shredded chicken. In a 13X9 baking pan start to layer, Doritos first then chicken mixture then cheese and repeat until pan is full. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes just until cheese is melted and chicken mixture is bubbling a bit. Serve with a little sour cream and maybe a salad on the side mmm it is really good.

For all of you that try it let me know if you like it and thanks for sharing if you do ;)

11 comments:

Kalli said...

I forgot to say this feeds about 6 just an FYI

Paul said...

Hey Kalli, that recipe sounds awesome! I'll have to try it! If I cooked I would give you a recipe too but unfortunately I stink at cooking. Anyway, you are right about not having any pictures of Kai on my blog. I NEED to take some of him because he is so fun to photograph! Warren is coming to ST. G tomorrow and I get to take some pics of her and her girls. I'm way excited.

Shari and Trent said...

Hey Kalli, I am so happy you found my blog. The way I afford that house is called your husband dies and you get insurance money! (I am being sarcastic, but it's the truth) :) How are you anyway? Your little boy is super cute. How is your mom? Is she still living in the same house?

Elizabeth said...

Oh yum.....I'll have to give this one a try sometime.
I can do something anytime, except for tomorrow and as long as it is during the day. So just let me know....I'm pretty wide open!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Look at you. That sounds so yummy. I will have to try it. That is such a good idea.
I am still waiting for you to call and play.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

hey kalli, how fun..a mom n tot class huh?! are u teaching it all summer? that would be a blast :) and yes, we need to get together :)

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

How did you know I am a recipe addict?! Okay, there are many that I like and I am ALL about easy. Here is a crockpot one that is so yummy and easy to do. I am into my crockpot right now!!
1 lb. cooked ground beef
2 C. Cubed potatoes
2 C. Baby Carrots
2 Cans Cream of Chicken
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom
1 Soup Can of Water
1 pkg Dry Onion Soup mix

Combine all ingredients. Cook for 6-8 Hours.

Shari and Trent said...

Well, it's good to hear your family is doing well. Blaine doesn't live too far from you. He just lives of 5th east in AF and I'm not quite sure which north but just a few blocks north of state. My oldest bro Brandon is in Bluffdale and Brady is in Lehi. My little sis is in Washington playing volleyball for the University of Washington. My mom is still crazy too! lol

Jobi Niu said...

KAlli!! I was there at the 12:30 graduation.. I'm so sad we missed each other! UGH!

Tami said...

Thanks so much for your comment! I need you around more often, you make me feel really good about myself! We do have pretty sweet kid's. Let's just hope they stay that way! Brooklyn is getting a little fiesty lately!

Shari and Trent said...

I thought I would share a receipe with you. It's basically just enchiladas but layered like lasagna.
flour tortillas (or corn)
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can green chilies
1 can refried beans
1 can enchilada sauce
1 small can of olives
shredded cheese
chopped onions (optional)

Brown the hamburger, then dump in the taco seasoning and follow the directions on package (as if you are making tacos). When finished with that add refried beans and chilies to the taco meat and stir it all up (you can all the onions here to if you want them). In a pan, layer the tortillas (just rip the up to fit in the pan) then the meat/refried beans mixture and then dump half a can of enchilada sauce on that. Layer one more time (tortillas, mixture, and use the rest of the enchilada sauce) Top it all off with the shredded cheese and olives. Bake at 350 for about 40 min.
I like to put sour cream on top of it before I eat it too!